Sustainability at Jetwing Hotels
Pioneering Sustainable Tourism With Sri Lankan Hospitality
For over 40 years, we have been committed to a harmonious relationship between community and environment. Long before the trend of sustainable tourism gathered pace around the world, our family drew inspiration from the magnificent landscapes of Sri Lanka to create fulfilling experiences that you will find only on our island home. With a contagious abundance of friendly smiles that never fail to greet you against the backdrop of natural splendour, our land possesses an enchantment that forms the very fabric of our dedication to sustainability in hospitality – designed for your absolute indulgence regardless of where you may find yourself with us in Sri Lanka.
Built upon the commitment outlined in our Sustainability Policy, our Sustainability Strategy focuses on six key categories designed to promote a holistic framework of initiatives that focus on the environment, economy and people both within and beyond our family. More often than not, our initiatives encompass more than one category – demonstrating the extent of our sustainability efforts which highlight key impact areas of our business, and remain in continuous development in order to meet the needs of our rapidly changing world.
Energy & CarbonMore Details
Striving towards carbon neutrality at the operations level of our hotels, by minimising emissions through innovation, transitioning to renewable energy, and improving energy efficiency.
Water & WasteMore Details
Optimising our use of resources by extensively managing overall consumption, with a dedicated focus on increasing reusability and effective management of waste produced at our hotels.
Actively conserving and raising awareness of the thriving natural habitats in and around our many homes of Sri Lankan hospitality.
Community & CultureMore Details
Sharing the economic and social benefits of sustainable tourism with our local communities, who in turn help us promote the unique culture of our island home.
Promoting a progressive, equal-opportunity work environment for our Associates through personal and professional development programmes that focus on innovation, exploration, and growth.
Sourcing & ProductionMore Details
Internalising our supply chain where possible; supporting local communities by minimising imports, and giving preference to businesses around our properties for the procurement of various materials and supplies.
The Bigger Picture
The impact of the sustainable initiatives at Jetwing Hotels is not simply limited to its scope of operations, instead helps achieve wider objectives by aligning with the United Nations’ framework for sustainable development.
In order to ensure compliance with industry standards in specific operational areas, we have also developed a number of policies that are based on the aims and outcomes of our overall Sustainability Strategy.
- Environment Policy: We take all possible steps to protect and maintain a clean and healthy environment.
- Energy Management Policy: We understand and believe that energy is a valuable commodity and conservation of energy is the need of the hour.
- Human Rights Policy: We acknowledge and respect the principles contained in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and The International Labour Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work.
- ‘Zero Tolerance Policy’: on Child Abuse in Sri Lanka: As a responsible tourism initiative we aim to highlight and generate awareness on child abuse in Sri Lanka which we have a zero tolerance policy on.
- Food Safety Policy: We acknowledge our responsibility to provide safe and wholesome food for our guests and our associates.
- Jetwing COVID-19 Safety Policy: We acknowledge our responsibility to maintain an environment devoid of COVID-19 threats for our employees and interested parties.